Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30th, I think

Something about travel just blows my date awareness away.  According to the local clock, it's after 7 am; my computer says 5.  Anyway, it's the last day of the business trip, and I think I've done okay as far as eating goes.  I've had about 3 small bites of bread (the one thing I never remember to ask not to have at the table in a restaurant), and about a scoop (1/4 cup, if I had to guess) of blackberry sorbet that, from the taste, didn't have a lot of added sugar in it - in other words, it tasted great to me.  I've stuck to breakfast and dinner only, had a lot of 3-egg dishes in the morning with bacon, and even asked for and got a protein-style burger (which I had to explain) at the Five Guys burgers at the baseball game - which I have to say was a messy proposition, although darn tasty.  Am I expecting to be thinner when I get home?  No.  I've eaten a lot, in quantity terms, so I think at best I'll have held my own.  

But! and this is key - I have avoided the bagels, watermelon (not a problem for me, I hate melons), muffins, cookies, and candy laid out for the conference.  When I got hungry over lunch yesterday, I had beef jerky (brought with me, just in case - thanks family!).  And I've been fine - even when they were heating them to make them smell more intense, I wasn't all that tempted by the cookies.  And there were 3 scoops of that sorbet at dinner last night, but I couldn't keep going.

Bottom line, regardless of the weight results of this week, I think I can confidently say that this is how I eat now.  Not a "diet" in the weight loss sense, but my diet in the way-of-eating sense.  

But enough of that.  I'm starving, and there are eggs out there with my name on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment