Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19th

Somehow over the weekend, I added just under a pound of weight - up to 164.4 today.  It'll shift; it always does.  Of more interest are a couple of other things.  First, on Saturday, from about 10:30 to noon, I sat outside protected from sunburn only by coconut oil.  The sky varied from clouds to sun, but clouds don't prevent sunburn; they just make you oblivious to the process.  The verdict?  The stuff works.  I got a mild tan on my legs - parts of them have not got any sun during my sitting-out-at-lunch sessions.  My arms darkened a bit, and my nose is a bit pink-brown - but not painful at all.  Don't know what's in it, but I'm a believer.

Second, I woke up at 2 am today just aching from head to toe.  Staggered out of bed for some advil, which I found by touch.  I really don't know what it might be, but I'm still feeling stiff and tired and sore now.  I didn't sit around a lot yesterday - I had that "too many calories" fidgetiness, so I cooked and tidied and did laundry all day with occasional stints of reading.  I know I'm out of shape, despite the fact that I'm starting to see actual muscle definition in my upper arms, but that badly?  Hard to say.  I skipped vitamins yesterday morning, so maybe it was a salmon oil deficiency. (Another clue that I wouldn't be seeing weight loss today - no potassium supplements yesterday and no leg cramps last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment