Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26th

163.2 this morning - down from this time last week, but up from the weekend (I sense a pattern here).  Saturday and Sunday mornings I was 162.2.  I did well eating on Saturday, less so yesterday - Chipotle naked chicken burrito without rice but with beans and corn salsa, and we had berries and cream for dessert at dinner (I don't really think that's a bad choice at all, but probably had enough carbs to retain some water - and I feel a bit waterlogged).  It feels like a stall, but I just looked at the raw data, and basically over the past 2 weeks, I've lost 1.8 pounds.  Within that period, over the past 10 days, though, I've only lost 0.2 pounds - been trading weight around for a while.  So it's hard to say what's up; could definitely be cyclical water weight, too.

I would really like to get my sleep straightened out.  I'm too cold or too hot, I make the wrong move in the wee hours and leave some extremity pointed a way it was not built to point (and have to get up and step on it to make it stop); whatever triggers the bad sleep, once I've awakened, even if I get back to sleep (and I did fall back asleep last night after the 1 am launch to fix my left ankle), it's nearly useless from a restoration point of view.  So I'm tired and cranky this morning, and rather achy.  Skipped breakfast; unless a dragon attacks my stomach at some point today will IF until dinner (steaks and something - guac if I can persuade Biz to make some).

And on to the next challenge: a business trip.  We've got vacation periods nailed pretty well, and really, it's not at all hard to tell a restaurant to omit the starch from a meal, so I'm not anticipating that aspect being tremendously difficult.  Where I think it will be interesting is during the conference.  Think about it - hotel catering inevitably believes that breakfast is a meal composed entirely of grain-based food and fruit (I've never seen bacon show up for a conference breakfast bar, but the bagels are there in droves, along with cereal and muffins and maybe even toast).  And of course, lunch is likely to feature sandwich options or pasta, another possible issue.  So, a plan: where there are bagels, there should be cream cheese.  Spread on strawberries, it won't look too primitive, and if I keep the cheese to strawberry ratio high, I should be okay.  Another option is to go to the real restaurant before the thing starts and get some eggs and bacon.  That's probably the way I'll try to go for breakfast.  If I can get a decent breakfast on a given day, IFing lunch is a simple thing - and dinner should be somewhere that involves sitting down and using silverware - except for the ballgame night - and a naked dog is easy-peasy.  So this shouldn't be any more difficult than a vacation trip, I think, and if I have to explain my ways to anyone, well, maybe someone else will get a new perspective on nutrition advice...

But if I forget to bring vitamins with me, I'm toast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment