Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 22nd

164.0 this morning - more like it, at least a little.  Sleep was a ball of putrid mud overnight - no leg cramps, but a lot of swapping sides.  I should have been either tired-er or sore-er; we made it to the gym for the first time in forever last night and I lifted - well, I used some of the weight machines.  And amused Biz - she had me try some exercises on the big ball and the weird half-ball that you stand on, and I was rather awkward on both.  Anything for a laugh.  But I'm not terrifically sore this morning; guess that's generally a good thing.  Took extra salmon oil - 2 at dinner last night and another 2 this morning - hoping that it really is anti-inflammatory.  I feel some indication that I've used various muscles, but nothing debilitating, so either the salmon oil is working or I didn't exert myself very effectively.  I'm going to work on leg strength first - they have seemed very weak walking up the hill after lunch when I go out, and I would like that not to be the case anymore.  The workouts are not to do with weight loss; more about improving strength and attaining some definition.  Not to the freak-show level of the bodybuilding women we saw on HBO not too long ago, but a long lean sort of look - and maybe a hint of a six-pack.  That would be a fun thing to carry into my 50s.

Anyway, I skipped breakfast this morning because I didn't feel like cooking (more that than any noble intention of fasting).  I may get lunch today or I may not; depends on how I feel at the time.  I was actually hungry when the alarm went off - we watched the Cooking network shows before bedtime and both of us ended up having a late night minor snack as a result - but it faded when the time came to turn the stove on.  It's sort of back, but I think I'll just ignore it.  And drink a lot of water - that worked well yesterday, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment