Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20th

164.6 this morning.  I refuse to get worked up about it, but a stall is always annoying.  Although, looking at a week ago, I believe the stall was 2 pounds heavier than today, and it broke wide open for a while, anyway.  Felt really awful yesterday all day.  I finally took a Tylenol PM to get an unbroken night's sleep, which worked pretty well until just before the alarm went off, and I feel much better today.  Although I do recall launching out of bed for one of those outside-of-the-ankle leg cramps at some point.  It didn't wake me up enough to remember being awake so I am much more alert this morning and not at all achy.  In fact, once I got fully awake, I felt really good, so maybe it's just been a few nights of nasty-bad sleep causing the issues.

I finally broke down and bought a couple of skirts last night - size 14.  The pattern used seems to assume a level of visceral fat in the wearer, because the hips fit me just fine but the waist is almost as big as that of the skirt I got these to replace - with the attendant puckering when a belt is worn.  I may have to do to these what I've done to this brand before - haul out the sewing machine and put in some darts at the waist - but I'll wash them first.  The store I got them at does seem to cater to middle-aged women, which may explain the silhouette provided; all I ever buy there is basic pencil skirts in chino (I may be 48 but I don't feel middle-aged and would prefer not to dress that way in general). I got about 25 pounds' loss wearing the predecessor, so am hoping not to have to replace these very soon (although would be happy to lose the weight that would necessitate another replacement).

Had chicken fajitas with guac and sour cream and a bit of green chile (roux-based, so I'm sure it had flour in it, but so worth it!) and maybe 5 tortilla chips with salsa for dinner last night.  I had been speculating that the pain/exhaustion yesterday was to do with too little fat in the diet, and dinner definitely made me feel better (I was starving pretty much all afternoon, oddly enough), so maybe that was part of it.  I IF'ed breakfast today; should get about an 18-hour fast to lunch, which I am going out with a friend for.  Maybe that will shift the stall a bit; if not, I'll pull a 24-hour IF later in the week.

Cravings seem to be in pretty good control these days.  We watch the Food Network a lot, owing to a dearth of anything interesting on the other 100+ cable channels (what a wasteland!), and last night was one of those "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" shows.  An early entry was sticky buns.  I like sticky buns, and these did look good, but my take-away wasn't "Go get a sticky bun or 10", but "I bet brioche dough would work well for those".  Over an hour of food paraded before us, and nobody went after snacks, so we all seem to be over sweet stuff as a craving.  I wouldn't go try eating anything sweet, though - more because of what I've seen happen (stall-baby!) each time I've had dessert than anything.  Going forward, sweets are for special occasions, and in modest quantities at best.

Got a coupon from Vicky's the other day for a freebie - and now that I'm down to an L with them, I can take advantage of it.  In fact, I need to; the XLs are getting loose and almost floppy.  Something the weight loss books do not talk about, but rather satisfying, since when I got the XLs, they were almost too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment