Friday, July 2, 2010

From June 28th

6/28 - was 168.8 yesterday, 170.2 today. Very stiff and sore so I think it's inflammation water - or could be pre-period water, since I think that's on the horizon as well. Did a lot of work over the weekend, including painting the kitchen on nearly no sleep (crampy legs were awful Friday night). Did have limeade/Perrier and some pork-and-beans yesterday; that might have tripped a stall briefly (got hungry mid afternoon after that for lunch), but as usual, not too worried. Tape measure shows minor improvements in waist, I think, so fat % is a bit down. I think I've figured out the leg cramp thing and why it signals that weight loss is on track. Try this out. Apparently, the potassium loss is a side-effect of signals to the kidneys to expel excess salt when the overall water needs of the body are down. The latter occurs when the carbs are not around, since we need extra water to metabolize carbs. So basically, it's signaling that I'm in ketosis and getting rid of unwanted water. I might be able to get it to be less annoying by keeping the salt intake down. But I have found that taking the magnesium and potassium at bedtime rather than in the morning helps a lot, so for now, I'll just keep that up. In any event, at the beginning of June, I was at 177.6 and now I'm at or under 170ish, and I don't think I'll complain. Must also remember to take fish oil all weekend - think that might be part of the stiffness issues today. Oh, and we did walnuts and chocolate at the movie and it worked just fine (although we felt like lawbreakers sneaking food into a movie). I can get along nicely without popcorn, it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment