Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ugh! stalled a bit

7/14 - 166.6 this morning again, dammit.  I am IFing until dinner if I can, today, to see if that will move things along.  I can feel water retention - my fingers are swollen again - but I think I'm over-snacking.  Last night, after dinner (flank steak, tomato/cucumber salad), I ended up eating about 1/2 cup of olives and a bunch of almonds (they were both very salty, which could explain some of the water retention).  We also worked outside a bunch after dinner - moving plants out of a garden that is about to become a concrete patio - and that could also explain some water; exercise (yard work) nearly always results in weight gain for me, justifying Gary Taubes in another of his counter-intuitive proposals (exercise isn't useful for weight loss).

I was surprised - pleasantly - this morning.  I told Lee I was skipping breakfast if that wouldn't bug him too much and he was utterly cool with it.  I'm glad; I know he doesn't want to fast himself, and a lot of times he seems to think my various stabs at being more healthful are a bit stupid, so I figured this would be one of those times - and it wasn't!

I did not finish the coconut water yesterday; I think I drank about 1/4 of the can and poured the rest out.  It's very delicious, but so rich-flavored that I'd want to cut it with something or have it measured out in fingers, I think.  And the carb count is a bit high for a drink - at least, the way I want to approach life.  Still, I think I'll get some to have for those occasions that need a gatorade, because it certainly seems like it would be a better option, being natural.

I put everything I ate yesterday in LoseIt, and it came out to 922 calories, 60% fat, 15% carbs (28.6g), and 25% protein, which is pretty much par for the course lately.  I haven't been hungry, so I think I'm getting enough for satiation, although that's one low number of cals.  It was salty, though (no count on that, just from the taste of things), so maybe I just have to get that flushed out.

No noticeable leg cramps overnight; my stomach is weird this morning - achy and full-feeling - and last night I was kind of wanting a cookie.  Maybe I should have had one, rather than all the olives and almonds; that might have sorted everything out.  And again, don't want to be dogmatic here; treats can occur - infrequently enough to BE treats, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment