Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday

We went out for Chinese last night, which means weight gain for me - every time. Actually, the whopping 0.4 pounds I gained might be a record - low - in that arena. 152.2 this morning. And I feel bloated a bit - achy in my joints, which always says inflammation and swelling to me.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • 2 pieces of bacon
  • 6-8 macadamia nuts
  • hot and sour soup
  • mu shu chicken, no pancakes
  • a fortune cookie
  • 3 pieces of cheese
  • more tea with cream
I did an approximation of the mu-shu chicken in LoseIt, and after dinner had not eaten much and was showing really low fat (for me, anyway), which is why I added the cheese and cream at the end of the day - and it didn't get things boosted enough for a 70% fat day. So be it. I was at bare Trace ketosis at bedtime again; would love to measure my blood ketones, but don't want to spring for the test strips. For what it's worth, I'm having very mild fasciculation these days - not amounting to any post-sleep cramps, thank goodness.

Sleep was abysmal. No other way to put it. Got to sleep later than usual, woke up at 2:30 for no reason, was still awake at 3:45. Slept through part of the alarm (radio) and woke late when I needed to get up early, of course. Red Bull makes my commute possible this morning. Not good. I finally hit the foam roller for my IT bands this morning - meant to do it last night and forgot. I'm pretty sure it was part of the awakeness issue.

Pot Roast for dinner tonight - the last, supposedly, of our stretch of cold days. The forecast was for clearing skies and scattered showers, but I'm not seeing it yet; it was pretty rainy on the drive. Obviously, we haven't got any exercise done this week. Doing a (potentially stupid) 5K this weekend - the "color run", in which we get doused with powdered paint. It is supposed to infuse joy into us. I'm skeptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment