Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday

152.8 today. Up from Friday. Up from Saturday and yesterday, as a matter of fact. I'm going to stay the course for this week, see what happens, and make changes if need be next week. I think it's inflammation - lots of aches and pains from gardening over the weekend, starting on Saturday. We did not go to the gym yesterday, but spent over an hour and a half killing weeds (at least, I hope that's the outcome) and pulling stuff out of the ground and deadheading roses and what-not.

I made buckwheat pancakes for Lee yesterday - buckwheat is gluten-free and has shown up on various Paleo websites as an "okay" item. I had 2 pancakes, which were pretty tasty, but very carby - breakfast brought me to 46 grams of carbs, I think. Gardening immediately after probably used up the glucose, but those will be a once a year treat, we agreed. Anyway, with that start to the day, I was over 50 grams by the end of the day.  Here's the log:
  • tea with cream
  • 2 buckwheat pancakes with raspberries
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • a very small amount of syrup (almost not needed, with the raspberries)
  • 3 pieces of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese
  • about a half-cup of macadamias
  • Cobb-salad (chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese) with blue cheese dressing
  • 1 salted dark-chocolate almond
A short list, but somehow the non-breakfast part of the day added another 24 grams of carbs. The whole day broke down as:
  • 182 g fats (75%)
  • 68 g carbs (12%)
  • 71 g protein (13%)
Back to normal eating today. Eggs and bacon for breakfast, probably burgers for dinner. I have (exactly 12) macadamia nuts with me, but plan not to eat them unless I get annoyingly hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment