Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday

151.0 today. And, to my surprise, the lowest weight on my chart so far. I've seen 150.x a couple of times recently, but always on a weekend, and I think, if we had not gone out of town this weekend, I might have seen it this morning. On the other hand, if we had not gone out of town this weekend, I might have spent yesterday either snacking or gardening, both of which tend to add weight. So I'll stop with the "if-only" nonsense. 

I didn't keep strict track of what I ate yesterday, but think it went something like this:
  • tea with milk
  • fruit - primarily strawberries, blueberries, plums and banana
  • a "spinach cheese crisp" with jelly (it was a sort of biscuity thing)
  • an egg casserole with broccoli, tomato, and cheese - and I'm betting, bisquick
  • sausages - 2 links
  • a slice of orange
  • 3 pieces of cheese
  • chicken, bacon, tomato and blue cheese dressing
  • a tiny vanilla haagen dasz with raspberries
  • 2 squares of Lindt 85% chocolate
So kind of a carby day, really.  Breakfast was at a bed-and-breakfast place, so I ate a few non-standard items to be polite; they were delicious, to be sure. And I compensated by not eating until dinner time, pretty much.

Until last night, when I finally broke down and took a Benadryl, I'd had a longish run of crap-sleep nights. Leg cramps, hot flashes, the works. The last two nights, I'd tried to read in bed a little, and fell asleep on the first page - and last night, that was well before the Benadryl kicked in; I think its utility was primarily in keeping me asleep. I am still groggy, but feel much better overall for the sleep. Hoping to keep things on an even keel again tonight.

Ketosis last night was between None and Trace - the test strip didn't match either color. Not too surprising - I suspect the ice cream would have done that. If I opt for berries tonight, I'll just pour a bit of heavy cream on them. I think we're having pizza (LC, of course) for dinner. That's my going-in plan, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment