Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be a better idea to make our gym trip during the week, rather than on Sundays, because the recovery inflammation always is discouraging on Tuesday/Wednesday. And the pattern is so constant. 152.2 this morning. Probably up again tomorrow, then down on Thursday and Friday and over the weekend, so that I'm down on Monday again. I am a bit stiff this morning, and a bit more sore than yesterday in the places affected by weightlifting.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • 2 pieces of bacon
  • 14ish macadamia nuts
  • a giant salad with turkey, bacon, and cheese, blue cheese dressing
  • one small onion ring
  • 1 salted dark chocolate almond
That was it. It worked out to:
  • 113 g fat (73%)
  • 21 g carbs (6%)
  • 70 g protein (20%)
Which is a nice balance, I think.

We walked to dinner, at Rib City, and walked back. While there, we saw another customer who had nearly achieved a spherical body shape. Stopped us eating dinner pretty abruptly, although I knew that what I was eating, at least (bar the onion ring) was not going to set me down his path. Poor guy - could hardly reach the food on the table from where he had to sit. 

The walk got me to my goal on FuelPoints for the day, so that's 3 days in a row. Ketosis at a solid "small" at bedtime, and I slept well - didn't wake up at all until after 4. That said, I would like to douse the melatonin dosage. I may try going back to the 5 mg time-release ones and see if I can get them to work effectively. Wonder if anyone has ever figured out what the body itself secretes as the world gets dark - naturally, I mean, unstimulated by electricity.

Similar breakfast and snack/lunch today, and stuffed peppers for dinner. Which I will watch, since they're carbier than I would have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment