Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday

I took melatonin at 8:00 last night, rather than just before bedtime.  I know I was sleepier by bedtime than normally, so I credit it with that.  I also slept fairly well last night - woke once at 2-something, I think, and again around 5:00.  Exhaustion is helpful, I guess.  152.6 this morning, which I do not like and intend to do something about.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • coconut flakes throughout the morning
  • spinach salad with bacon and blue cheese and pine nuts
  • some sort of italian salad dressing
  • 3 pats of butter
  • a 4-oz portion of chicken piccata, probably breaded
  • caesar salad, no croutons
  • redfish with "Pontchartrain sauce" - almost certainly roux-based
  • two grilled shrimp
  • a hunk of Gruyere
  • 1/2 row of Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds
That was it.  Not great, and both meals were from restaurants (Maggiano's at lunch, Joe's Crab Shack at dinner).  When we got home, Elizabeth and I made more egg custards to have at breakfast - sausage and mushroom with Gruyere this time.  I had one this morning - pretty good.

I think we're nearly all healthy enough for the gym again - at least, I am going to propose going there at least once this weekend.  We are planning on doing a 5K on the 26th, and it would be good to get a little ramp-up work in.

My hip is still bugging me a little - did the same stuff last night as the night before and it seemed to go away, mostly.  If it were organic pain owing to something being wrong, I don't think it would do that, so I will continue to work on it as psychosomatic.  I also seem to have got my stiff neck and shoulders to calm down in a similar way.  Interesting, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment