Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday

I would tend to say that a combination of exhaustion and hormone fluctuations is a very bad thing. Not that I went postal or anything like that, but it triggered another sugar bender.  Skittles again. And chips at dinner.  153.0 this morning, and not surprised.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • 3 pieces of cheese
  • skittles (at least this time, they weren't all smashed together)
  • grilled chicken taco salad with tortilla chips
  • potato soup
  • Ghirardelli chocolate square with raspberry filling
  • cashews
As usual, it seemed worse at the time.  I have managed breakfast today and plan on ordering a Jimmy John's unwich if I get hungry mid-day.  Maybe having a plan will help.  That, and being a bit more alert - I did the Advil PM again last night and woke up around 4 this morning for the first time. I feel pretty good this morning for a change.

I'm starting to wonder if my root cause problem is bad sleep; that if I were more deeply asleep at night, I would be less disturbed by hot flashes.  I may have had some last night, but they didn't wake me.  Not entirely sure what I'm going to do about it, but something to mull over, I guess.  And it would appear that the standing desk is not making much of a change in my sleep patterns after all. Might try standing on one leg again.

No comments:

Post a Comment