Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday

I am going to continue to repeat that this is water, but I'm starting to wonder.  154.8 this morning.  I think we ate reasonably well, with a few exceptions, and I am swollen and sore and achy today, but nothing is going away right now.  

We did a 5K on Saturday morning; I think my overall time was under a 15-minute mile on average, and that, after walking the first half pretty slowly.  It felt pretty good, and I'm much less stiff than I would have expected.  So that's a good thing.

Here's yesterday, as I recall it:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • veggies and dip (sour cream, cream cheese, spice mix)
  • cashews (ultimately, about what I might eat in a sitting, I think)
  • olives
  • two glasses of wine
  • crab dip and nut-thin crackers
  • possibly tortilla chips and salsa (we had a lot of finger-food out)
  • BBQ chicken and pork
  • cole slaw
  • gluten-free red velvet cake with commercial cream cheese frosting
  • vanilla Haagen-Dasz (about 1/2 cup)
I think that was the whole day.  Really, not all that bad, which is what has me baffled regarding the weight.  Recovery from exercise?  Seems likely, but at the moment, not that comforting.  

I did sleep well last night - until the dog started vomiting anyway.  That was around 4, I think, and I believe I got back to sleep afterward pretty quickly. And my hip did not bug me, which is a total first in quite a while.  I'm hoping that the walking we've been doing, either in 5Ks or at the gym, is helping get things properly realigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment