Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday

And it's not starting out well; I can't get to Gmail this morning.  Nonetheless; there are other ways to skin this cat, and (mixing our metaphors even further) we soldier on.  152.2 this morning after a weekend that stuck to very low carb principles pretty well.  Yeah, it's a bit lower than Friday, but not much; on the other hand, I had infinite energy yesterday and got a ton of stuff done.  So there's that.  Here's yesterday:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • cashews
  • chef's salad with blue cheese dressing
  • 1/2 row of Hershey's Dark Chocolate almond bar
Probably more than that, but I seriously don't recall.  I know I thought about eating chips and salsa but didn't.  No idea what else there might have been.  I'm doing an on-purpose fast this morning, to clear out the remains of the cold - this, after reading all about autophagy in John Durant's new book, The Paleo Manifesto.  He does a good job synthesizing all of the thoughts on Paleo, giving it meaning beyond a good way to eat, and providing me with some food for thought.  I finished it last night, and had a hot bath before bed and a brief bit of cold in the shower this morning - wondering if maybe some thermal adaptation might help with the hot flashes.  I can say that the hot bath was not all that helpful, so far, and that I don't think I've had a flash yet since the cold water in the shower.  I also drove to work with the heat off for most of the hour - and it's 36 outside, so that was meaningful.

Sleep last night was crap again.  Despite another massage, my hips are still killing me.  I think it might be weak abs, so I did about 100 crunches last night and a few leg lifts.  I'm not sore this morning, so either my abs are just fine, or I wasn't doing something right.  I'm leaning toward an Advil-PM night of sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment