Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday

Better eating day yesterday, better sleep, and although I'm quite sleepy this morning, I feel better - less ill, although not fully healthy, if that makes sense.  Interestingly, my cold has never felt like a full-blown cold: I had a mildly sore throat and malaise, then a stuffy nose and malaise, then a hearing loss/swollen ear and malaise, none of them severe and all serially.  At the moment, it's the hearing loss, although even that is ebbing.  And not so much malaise today.  Progress, I'd say.

I ate better yesterday, thanks to the absence of sugar.  153.0 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese (4 pieces throughout the day)
  • coconut flakes (about 5-6 TBSP, at a guess)
  • walnuts
  • grilled chicken strips
  • cole slaw
  • two waffle fries (we had dinner at Chick-Fil-A)
  • pecans with cheese spread
That was it; I'm trying to improve things in general, and it seems to be working a bit.  Nothing abrupt this time, and trying to be fairly forgiving of any lapses as long as I correct them fully.

More cheese and coconut today, and maybe that gyro-meat-and-salad thing for dinner (sometimes we take multiple runs at things before we actually achieve them).

On the menopause front, I am still having flashes, but fewer in general, I think, or they're bothering me a bit less, especially at night.  Or it may be that I'm just effing exhausted right now, and sleeping through some of them.  I would like them to go away; I find it rather stressful to feel like I'm breaking a fever multiple times a day, and obviously something broke through my stress threshold recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment