Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday

Mexican for dinner, and the usual aftermath - 146.3 this morning.  No real worries, though.  And it tasted really good.  Cheese Enchiladas with green chile - mmmmm!

Slept horribly last night - another night of waking up repeatedly thinking it was morning, only to find out it was 10:48 pm (or something else well shy of dawn).  I'm getting overheated; with a predicted high of 78 today and no snow anywhere on the horizon, I'm thinking it's time to swap the warm duvet for the thinner one.  We have a two-piece set from IKEA that, when used in tandem, can keep one warm at something like 30 below.  One half is thicker than the other, and we use that one for winter, with the thinner half available at the foot of the bed for support.  If I swap them, we can cope with snow by doubling up again.  I need to do something.

It could be worse.  I was looking at posts from last March, and was reminded that, a year ago, I was suffering from hot flashes.  My current issue is nothing like that, I'm glad to say; I think it's just become Spring.

I finally took a look at the nutrition label on the Godiva Pearls.  A "serving" consists of 68 of them, and provides 26g carbs.  So my periodic "binges" amount to maybe 1/8 serving and 4-5g carbs, max.  I feel much better about them.  The chocolate cherries go at 26g carbs for 1/4 cup - which I haven't measured accurately.

Anyway, here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • bouillon
  • 3 oz cheese
  • about 8 chocolate cherries (guess we could call that a serving?)
  • chips and salsa - we did not finish the chips between us, but I didn't ration myself either
  • green chile
  • cheese enchiladas
  • walnuts - probably fewer than on previous evenings

During one of my wakeful periods overnight, I did have a mild sensation of bubbling in my calves, but not anywhere near the cramping level.  So far, I'm keeping the magnesium as a morning thing, but then, I'm not eating very low-carb just this week, either.  Morning still shows very slight signs of ketosis - I tend to guess that it's the result of the overnight "fast".

Here's hoping that a minor change in bedding fixes the sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment