Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday

I think patience is paying off.  That, or the time change is just wearing me down.  We both took an Advil PM last night to ensure reasonable sleep quality - and for me, it worked until 4 am, which was much better than last night.  And after waking at 4:00, I was able to crash back into good sleep within 15 minutes or less, and slept until the alarm went off.  I feel much better this morning as a result.

And a bit thinner: 147.2 this morning.  I can't quite believe that my woes late last week - all the aches and pains - were the result of about a pound of excess water, but that's the net loss as of this morning, and much of the pain and swelling are gone, so maybe it was just bad placement or something.

I remain relatively ketotic - the measure this morning was "small", which wasn't too surprising considering I had both chocolate cherries and strawberry ice cream after dinner last night.  Here's the day's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • leftover filet mignon (not a good idea at breakfast, it turns out - rather nasty
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (extra fish oil)
  • cheese (2 oz throughout the day)
  • pork tenderloin
  • green chile (made with a rice-flour roux)
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • chocolate cherries
  • strawberry Haagen-Dasz 
That was it.  97.1 g fat (62%), 37.9g carbs (11%), 94.6g protein (27%).  Fairly well balanced, according to my standards.  We've been eating our way through several homemade salad dressings, since we will be in Phoenix over the weekend and don't want them hanging out in the fridge while we're gone.

I guess tonight's dinner will include fish - that's what I've heard, anyway.  Probably a trip to Red Lobster or something of the sort. 

I watched all the demonstration videos from Fred Hahn's vook yesterday, and I get what he's suggesting.  One of the things I plan to do tonight is try out the workout - but to do that, I will be writing all of the relevant info on a card - exercise, timer settings, etc - rather than trying to play "follow the iPad" throughout the whole thing.  I believe I have it on my phone, so I can do the prep this morning some time.  I downloaded a timer that sounds like it's designed exactly for this sort of routine, and will try to set that up as well.  If it works as advertised (the workout, not the timer), I may not have a very long entry tomorrow.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment