Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday

Well, gosh.  From an eating standpoint, it was a Lost Weekend.  No other way to describe it.  Giant tubs of ice cream (Friday), a chocolate-cherry binge and an evening consisting mostly of chips and guac (Saturday), and the invasion of the malted-milk eggs (Sunday).  I craved sugar all weekend, and gave in more often than not.  Which could have been bad - yesterday morning I was at 147.9 - but in the end, settled down a bit.  I'm at 147.2 this morning, having seen 146.5 on Saturday morning. 

Back to ketosis (if I'm still in it, there's something wrong with the test sticks, I'd say).  Not sure what that was all about, but it seems to have subsided.  Here's yesterday:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • a hot dog with mustard (no bun)
  • probably some chocolate cherries (maybe only 2, though)
  • malted milk Easter eggs (10 or more)
  • walnuts (a lot)
  • a taco salad with avocado, grassfed beef, sour cream, cheese, and salsa
  • strawberry ice cream
Yikes.  Just Yikes.  I spent much of Saturday morning doing miscellaneous stuff in the garden - got some sun and fresh air, and it felt great.  I have now planted carrots to go along with my lettuce, and have rigged up the drip system on its timer, so they'll get water enough to sprout.  Yesterday, on the other hand, was all about taxes, and had both of us fighting mad (not at each other) well before completing the job (we haven't, yet).  Very stressful, which may have led to the malted milk eggs.

We had some eggs from a friend of Lee's who keeps chickens, and finally ate some of them today.  Scrambled, they were nearly fluorescent yellow - or maybe taxicab yellow is a better description.  I have never seen anything quite that bright at that hour of the morning - and I must say, it makes commercially produced eggs look pretty insipid.  I'm hoping he can persuade her to sell us some on a regular basis, because they were quite wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment