Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday

This whole weight-maintenance process is a horrid mystery to me.  I ate garbage (from my point of view, anyway) most of last night, and lost weight this morning.  Stayed in mild ketosis the entire time, too.  I'm back at 147.4; yesterday was a blip, apparently.  Maybe our scale is subject to solar flares or something.  In any event, I guess I'll just pretend it didn't happen.

Here's yesterday's pigging out:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (L-Lysine does seem to be helping with the sinus thing)
  • bouillon (I have been forgetting this, since I don't log every cup of tea I drink, and it's a hot drink)
  • cheese (3 pieces)
  • more cheese (this was once I got home)
  • two handfuls of chocolate cherries
  • walnuts
  • strawberries - to finish them off
  • a piece of coconut-chocolate-almond bark, for energy
  • more cheese
You know, seen in a list, the garbage doesn't seem all that bad.  At the time, though, it felt like some sort of addictive behavior - I just needed the chocolate and walnuts - badly.  Hormones, I think.

On other fronts, I did a bit of the Slow Burn workout last night.  Just the pushups - I was really tired by 7:00 pm and couldn't bring myself to do the whole thing.  And I think I can say now that I have a very clear understanding of the meaning of the phrase, "work the muscle to exhaustion".  I set my timer, set up the towels as instructed, and did some pushups.  After three of them, I started to descend to begin the fourth - and did a face-plant.  My arms got about half-bent and just gave out.  I had no actual pain or anything, and I got up and went about my business for the rest of the night, not thinking about it much.  But I'm thinking about it now - because I can feel it.  I guess you'd call it a pleasant surprise, to find that so little time could produce such tangible results.  Pleasant, indeed, but I think I'll go find some Advil.

I'm fasting today, partly because I want to, and partly because my morning was full of guinea pig maintenance activities, since I'm the only human in the house just now.  No time to do much of anything.  I will be trying for a 20-hour fast (holding out until around 5, I think); will be fine if it's less.

No comments:

Post a Comment