Constipation is hell. I've been suffering from it for about a week, with periodic moments when I think it might be over, all of which turn out to be mere respites. Bleah. Went to bed last night with a stomach ache and managed to compound it with leg cramps; a "mere respite" relieved the former and allowed me to get up and stretch out the latter. I still slept like crap, though, so I am tired and achy from that on top of the stomach ache which at times this morning has extended up the back of my neck to provide me a headache.
Well, enough of that. 148.3 this morning, so I lost some more of the water - I think that's what precipitated the leg cramps. I am still not in ketosis as of this morning. And here's why:
- scrambled eggs
- tea with cream
- the usual supplements
- a very few chips (certainly less than 10 - possibly less than 5)
- carne asada
- iced tea
- chicken in a parmesan crust
- riesling (probably a glass and a half)
- more tea with cream
- chocolate cherries (a lot - had some work related stress and was popping them like addictive pills)
- cashews (less than half a cup, but I was hoping that they were less damaging than the candy)
I opted for a fat-bomb smoothie this morning, to get some MCTs going in the system - both for the kickstart to ketosis and for the instant energy that they provide. It is not sitting well, hence the start to this post. It also tasted absolutely wretched - I thought I'd be smart and use fresh strawberries instead of frozen, and ended up not with a smoothie but with an insipid, watery mess. Great start to the day. Although I am feeling a bit more energetic, so some benefit is kicking in.