Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday

Oh, Death, where is thy Sting? 

Constipation is hell.  I've been suffering from it for about a week, with periodic moments when I think it might be over, all of which turn out to be mere respites.  Bleah.  Went to bed last night with a stomach ache and managed to compound it with leg cramps; a "mere respite" relieved the former and allowed me to get up and stretch out the latter.  I still slept like crap, though, so I am tired and achy from that on top of the stomach ache which at times this morning has extended up the back of my neck to provide me a headache.

Well, enough of that.  148.3 this morning, so I lost some more of the water - I think that's what precipitated the leg cramps.  I am still not in ketosis as of this morning.  And here's why:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream 
  • the usual supplements
  • a very few chips (certainly less than 10 - possibly less than 5)
  • salsa
  • carne asada
  • guacamole
  • iced tea
  • cheese
  • chicken in a parmesan crust
  • riesling (probably a glass and a half)
  • more tea with cream
  • chocolate cherries (a lot - had some work related stress and was popping them like addictive pills)
  • cashews (less than half a cup, but I was hoping that they were less damaging than the candy)
So yes, definitely not a ketotic sort of day.  I reacted to stress by reaching for the sugar - interesting; did I need it to replace the energy that the adrenaline or cortisol was sapping?

I opted for a fat-bomb smoothie this morning, to get some MCTs going in the system - both for the kickstart to ketosis and for the instant energy that they provide.  It is not sitting well, hence the start to this post.  It also tasted absolutely wretched - I thought I'd be smart and use fresh strawberries instead of frozen, and ended up not with a smoothie but with an insipid, watery mess.  Great start to the day.  Although I am feeling a bit more energetic, so some benefit is kicking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment