Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday

Still fighting that cold - hard! The sore throat seems to have subsided; at least, it just itches now. But I have that overall buzzy, out-of-it feeling that one gets with a cold - an overwhelming urge to spend the day prone. Wish I could. I do only have one meeting; I suppose I could do most of the day in a recliner. Worth a thought, anyway.

Slept like the dead last night. According to Lee I got up with a leg cramp once, but I don't remember it, and I didn't wake for the morning until after the radio had been playing at least 30 minutes. That's some serious sleep. Obviously I've needed it. Not that I didn't know that, but until very recently, it didn't seem like I was able to do much about it. Hope I can keep it up for a while.

156.6 this morning; apparently at least part of that 1.2 pounds yesterday was water. You think? Did I mention that i'm feeling a bit out of it this morning? Evidence. Right here.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, with extra vitamin D3
  • scrambled eggs
  • canadian bacon
  • cheese
  • about 5 almonds
  • 1/2 cup of cashews
  • salad with meat and cheese and blue cheese dressing
  • 2 squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate
  • 1 chocolate with almonds
I was hungry yesterday, but nothing sounded appetizing. Honestly, I wanted cookies. And we didn't have any, and I didn't want to make anything of any sort, and I didn't really want them bad enough to kill off the run of ketosis I have going. So I didn't have anything. I wouldn't call yesterday a fast, but it was a pretty reduced calorie sort of day. The dark chocolate was an attempt to kill off the cookie craving, and I think it worked, so I will keep that in mind. Also, it may be my "treat" tonight, because the other chocolate I had at bedtime was the last one.

No exercise yesterday. If I left the house at all, it was to change the settings on the automatic sprinkler system to water a bit less frequently. The night before (Monday), I did go out and prune bushes in the yard for a while, and even with the cold, had pretty good stamina.

Today will be all about killing off the cold. I've bombed it with Elderberry sublingual thingies, a Mucinex, and a Sudafed this morning, and have washed out my sinuses. I will repeat the Elderberry throughout the day, and the Sudafed if I can find anymore in the house. We have a party weekend coming up, and I want to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment