Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday

Interesting. It appears that eliminating (or severely reducing) sugar for a while may have been the magic key. 155.8 this morning, with daily weight reductions all weekend. The nice thing about that sort of data is that it inspires me to keep it up, to stay focused and disciplined, so I ate very carefully both days.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • pork sausage (2 patties)
  • cheese (yellow Cheddar and Dubliner - 6 pieces total, I think)
  • 2 handsful of cashews
  • about 3/4 cup of green olives
  • meatballs with a sour cream and mushroom sauce
  • smashed cheesy cauliflower
  • a chocolate with almonds
That was it. And I felt like the cashews were almost cheating - like I said, good feedback data enforces discipline for me. I think I can keep this up for a while, and see where it leads.

One other thing reinforcing my discipline here is that I bought my dress for the Mardi Gras Ball, and it fits like a glove, which means that I cannot be fatter than I currently am when that takes place at the end of January. I also should work on flattening my abs a bit. Just sayin'.

Possibly low-carb pizza for dinner tonight - notoriously problematic for me in stopping weight loss cold. I will tread carefully.

No walk this morning - it's drizzly and we were both tired. That said, sleep last night was really good. This bedroom is a bunch darker than our last one, which seems to make a huge difference for me - especially now that I covered over the on/off light on the cable box, which was blue and very bright. I think I'm paying off sleep debt, in that I'm easily able to sleep 8.5-9 hours a night, but once that's done, I would anticipate finally getting into a rhythm and maybe (!) getting routinely good sleep. Kinda nice, really.

We did walk a lot in dress-shopping Saturday. To the point that my left ankle started to complain a bit - it was the more recently injured of my ankles, so I guess it's entitled. Anyway, it continued to function, and that was good to see. And it felt fine yesterday and still does today. So we should resume the morning walks once the rain stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment