Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday

Life still feels unsettled. I wish it didn't, but it does. My current job ends on Halloween, and without a new one, I won't say I'm freaking out just yet, but I'm disturbed. And prospects in this area aren't great. In fact, the major industry is laying folks off in droves. Not in my field, necessarily, but the trend is very much in the wrong direction. So I'm nervous.

159.6 this morning. I need to face facts. How I'm eating right now is leading to weight gain. Combined, no doubt, with whatever hormonal things are going on. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • cashews (small cupful)
  • cheese
  • grapes
  • "cuban sandwich" casserole - pork roast, ham, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • strawberry Haagen-Dasz
  • peanuts
If I eliminated the cashews, grapes, ice cream, and peanuts, it probably would have been a good day for weight loss. I will see if I can avoid them today. Grapes will be easy, because I finished them yesterday. They were super sweet, too. I should probably revert to strawberries if I want fruit.

Shepherd's pie tonight - cauliflower topping. Good stuff. And a salad, I think. And I will switch out the bowl of peanuts for one of almonds. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Sleep was okay. Considering we have the new dog sleeping with us, it was remarkably good. I didn't wake up until 4:45, and I drifted back off after that, I think. I'm a bit stiff and achy, though.

No exercise at the moment - I want to let my foot rest this week, after the fun over the weekend. It feels pretty good right now, but I think the walk is what nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment