Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday

My stress levels got a bit high yesterday; they've hired my replacement at work (that's not why), and he is starting Monday (nope, not that, either), and as a result, they're taking both my teams from me, effective next week (ding-ding-ding-we-have-a-winner!). So, until the end of October, or until I find a new job, I will have NOTHING to do. Oh, and then new guy will only manage one of the two teams, so there's quite literally no reason to take the other one.

Anyway, I got to the end of the day with looming unemployment following a period of extreme boredom and terror to contemplate, and took a Benadryl to ensure that I actually fell asleep. Some days, better living through chemicals is indeed better. It worked, and I took it early enough that I'm not feeling all sleep-aid-hung-over this morning.

157.8 this morning. I'm feeling pretty solid on the changes I'm making, and hope to continue them. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • 2 sausage patties (pork)
  • almonds
  • cheese
  • a single potato chip
  • pork tenderloin
  • green beans with bacon
  • 1 milk chocolate with almonds
That was it. A pretty good list, and I'm very proud of "eating just one" chip.

Spent last evening sewing - I'm recovering the pillows in the living room, and got 3 of them done yesterday. They are a big improvement over what I had on them before. I have 3 more to do, but need to swap out some piping I bought for a different color first. We also washed one of the dogs, to see if a bath would help with some itching she's been dealing with on her front legs. It seems to have. And she was really good about being bathed.

I guess that I will be spending large swaths of the next 4 weeks researching how to be frugal, when not applying frantically for jobs. It'll give me some sort of feeling of being in control. I think I'm going to need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment