Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday

Yesterday got away from me, completely. It was a short day to start with, and I had to make spaghetti sauce before starting work. I was 160.4 yesterday and am 159.4 today. Some time on Saturday (possibly during the early morning 1-mile walk we went on) I messed up my left foot, bad enough that I spent much of Saturday limping. It was a delayed reaction, so that we got done with the walk and I felt fine, but I found it really hard to finish cleaning the bathroom, for some reason. The pain was along the metatarsals on the outer edge. I don't think it was a break, but it's possible that I strained it in falling downstairs a week before, and made that worse with the walk. Don't know. Spent Sunday resting it, and it got more rest yesterday by the nature of my work, and it feels pretty normal now. I also now own a velcro foot/ankle brace, that seemed to help.

Anyway, trying very hard to eat at home all week. I don't know if we will make it, but it's worth a shot. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • cheese
  • possibly an almond or two
  • meatballs with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella and parmesan cheese
  • more cheese (I was hungry after eating the meatballs)
  • peanuts
So all but the peanuts made for a pretty good day. Perhaps when the peanuts in the bowl are finished, I will put almonds in it; they're less "snacky" and I don't think I eat as many of them.

Sleep the past few days has been relatively okay. We have a new dog, rescued from a kill shelter at the last minute, and he's not crate trained. Yet. He will be, so help me. He's small, so sleep with him in our bed is possible, but he likes to snuggle, making us sleep in funny and painful positions. I feel pretty rested, though, and that's a nice change.

I also had a sort of interview for jobs yesterday - with a placement firm. I need to send them thank you emails. A start of sorts. I have a phone screen tomorrow as well. I'm not holding my breath on that one, because I wouldn't have phone-screened me for that particular position. Anyway, some progress there, and in the midst of a localized downturn, progress is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment