Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday

159.4 this morning. Mexican last night - I did better, in ordering a salad, but not enough better (still ate chips and salsa to excess). 

You know, it would be nice not to have to pay attention to food so much. I realized this morning that I've lost the enthusiasm for paying attention to the issue that I had when I first determined to make the switch. Not that "it's not sustainable"; it is, but sustaining it is kind of boring, especially after I've slipped a bit and need to pay the necessary attention to get back on track.

What would that look like, back on track? What did I do at restaurants back in the day? Well, for starters, I DIDN'T EAT THE EFFING CHIPS. You'd think that would be easy. Just. Don't. Eat. Them. Not a lot of mental energy there. Anyway, I recall realizing that the Chicken Caesar salad was available in a lot of places, and ordering it a lot. I could certainly do that again - or something like it.

To some extent, at home, I'm fighting Lee, too. He wants chips. He wants bread. I don't miss bread enough to worry about it, and he knows he shouldn't want it so it isn't in the home. But chips are. And I get hungry for salt and eat them - or cashews, which should be good to eat but stop any weight loss I might be having just cold.

Maybe what I need to do is to make a list for restaurants, of things I eat and things I don't eat, and just avoid the latter. I may try that.

In the meantime, here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • cheese - about 6 pieces throughout the day
  • almonds
  • chips and "green sauce", which I think is sour cream, avocado, and cilantro
  • salad with chicken and avocado in it
  • a single "crispy bean taco" - street-taco sized
  • 2 milk chocolates with almonds - at bedtime
Short list, generally good eating, got veggies and meat. Cratered by a couple of bad choices. Okay, that's useful analysis.

No walking yesterday. Sleep was okay. I'm stiff and achy today though. I need to start doing some structured stretching, I think, to get rid of the influence of this chair/desk stuff.

Dinner out with friends tonight. Guess it's my chance to try the list out (which means I'd best write down some sort of list, huh?).

No comments:

Post a Comment