Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday

I was not hallucinating yesterday. Not today, either, unfortunately. No idea how I managed to gain 1.2 pounds overnight, but I have a mild cold (Paleo cold, low-grade sort-of-sore throat and mild malaise), and ate a lot of salty things yesterday to make my throat feel better, so it may just be water. In any event, back to 157.0 this morning.

Sleep last night started early, and ended earlier. That is, it started before 9 because I was tired and achy, and pretty much ended around 3 am because I was achy. I had enough sense to get aspirin at that point, or soon after, but it never quite kicked in, and I never really got back to sleep for real - a short doze or two, but that was it. So the mild malaise is at the forefront of my consciousness this morning, and I'm simultaneously very glad and alarmed that I have nothing scheduled to do today at work - because I'm probably incapable of useful thought, and because it's going to make the day really long.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements plus a handful of D3
  • almonds
  • cheese
  • cashews - 2-3 handsful (I think)
  • peanuts - 1 handful
  • chicken cream soup with green chile and potatoes
  • salad with blue cheese dressing and pepperoni slices
  • cottage cheese
  • pickled jalapeno slices
  • one chocolate with almonds
Not a bad list, definitely salt-oriented, and I can't say for sure that the soup didn't have flour in it. Much of the day I focused on drinking hot things, trying to wipe out that little irritated corner. It's less irritated today, but occupying more of my throat - don't know if that's an improvement or not. In any event, I'm going to take it kind of easy today - the week isn't going to get any easier, and I'd like to survive the weekend, which is composed of equal parts fun (travel to see friends) and annoyance (having to work - including Saturday - once there).

Anyway, I don't see any reason to move toward a sugar binge because the scale went up this morning. I'll just continue on my current path and see where it gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment