Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday

Good weekend. Normal weekend. Not one trip to Home Depot, for starters. I got the kitchen decorating (walls, anyway) pretty much done, made jewelry, sewed a pillow cover (1 of 6), got big cleaning done, cooked a bit, and went for a walk.

159.4 this morning - same as on Friday. We ate out Friday night, but at home both Saturday and Sunday dinners. Out for breakfast yesterday. That said, I did probably as well with eating as I have in a long time. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tomatoes
  • swiss cheese/ham "sandwich" (layered it all with the cheese outside and ate it)
  • 1 tortilla chip
  • a half-cup of peanuts
  • 3-stack cheese enchiladas with green chili (all homemade)
  • a piece of cheese
  • a chocolate with almonds
The green chili is close. Something still missing from the flavor, but it's a good start. I may add a tomatillo or a tomato next time, for more acid, and maybe use a ham stock for more pork flavor (chicken this time, kinda bland). Also, I'll go slower with the potato starch slurry I used to thicken it - way overdid it this time and had to increase everything to thin it out without making it mildly spicy chicken soup.

Walked a mile and a bit yesterday, so that's good. And our pace was a bit faster than earlier in the week, without trying.

Sleep last night was pretty good - woke about 3:30 for the bathroom, and then slept until about 5. But since we go to sleep shortly after 9, that's a full night's sleep. It's a lot darker here in the morning - I think we're further west in our time zone than Denver was. That, and a superabundance of shade trees.

I'm very pleased with my progress eliminating added sugar right now. I had a hard cider on Friday, which was a mistake (tasty, mind you, but half sugar and half alcohol). Other than that, it's been my bedtime chocolate and nothing else, and I've done that for nearly a week. Once that's feeling more normal, I'll work on the nuts. Also, I think I may be needing protein, and that if I got that regular, some of the cravy stuff would stop. So I'll be working on that (hence the "sandwich" yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment