Monday, September 14, 2015


Busy weekend. For one, we got the kitchen painted, and it now feels like our kitchen. The green was just not us. Yellow is. Lots of climbing stepstools, stretching and squatting. My feet stood up to it, for which I'm seriously grateful; I was getting worried that they were really messed up. But they managed that, and a trip to 3 places with shiny concrete floors in a row (Home Depot, Sam's, @Home) without any ankle failures. So I think I'm on the mend.

We did a mile-long walk yesterday morning, and another one this morning. Lee even went out for a longer one last night, but I'm taking things slow. According to the Nike Running App, really slow. Like 18-minute mile slow. But if that's what it takes, that's what I'm doing.

Eating was a bit better over the weekend. Friday night, not so much; I had a late deployment and ended up eating cashews from the jar. So I was 161 on Sunday morning. But I knew a lot of it was bloating of various sorts, and this morning, I was at 159.2, proving me right. I have ankles and toes again, which I didn't most of the weekend.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • strawberries
  • bacon
  • cheese
  • chicken-based mongolian bbq, with teriyaki sauce (no rice)
  • a small serving of cashews
  • pot roast and potatoes
  • 1 milk chocolate with almonds
I decided, after the hard look Friday, that what I need to do is focus on one thing. So my one thing is added sugar. I did really well with that yesterday - I guess the sauce had some, but it wasn't super-sweet - and held out on that chocolate until bedtime. I think if I can keep that pattern going - no sugar all day, and if I make it, one piece of candy at bedtime - I can break the sugar snacking habit I'd started to get into. Once that's broken, I'll work on ketosis. But for now, every morning, I'm going to wake up and decide that for that one day, I won't eat added sugar.

To that end, I put a little salt on strawberries at breakfast, thinking that it would bring out the flavor. Made them taste vaguely like melons. Nasty.

I don't know if we'll keep up the walking thing - Lee got up at 5:30 this morning with a crick in his neck, and we were done with breakfast before 7:30, so we had plenty of time to do it today. Also, the weather yesterday and today was gorgeous - cool (colder here than in Denver yesterday) and dry and clear - and you hate to waste that. I did some gardening as well, yesterday, just a little weeding and deadheading. Nice to get out in the sun for a while. And I don't want our gorgeous landscape to get all nasty from neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment