Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday

I think I ate better yesterday, but definitely paid for it overnight. 158.8 this morning, and two leg cramps that had me swearing under my breath. After number 2, I went and found the magnesium oil, and they stopped. Top of my calf muscle, left leg only (I'd love to understand what's so different about my left leg), and super-painful. 

And every time I hopped up, the dog stole a bit more of the bed and the covers. Made for a less-than-optimal night's sleep. 

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patties (pork)
  • cheese
  • almonds
  • a few peanuts (finished that bowl and it's now full of almonds)
  • cauliflower-crust shepherds' pie (ground beef, mushrooms, mirepoix, cauliflower, butter, cream cheese)
  • a chocolate with almonds thing
I think that was it. I do hope to be able to reproduce that shepherd's pie from here out - it was the best one I've made. Really tasty.

We did a little shopping after dinner - in a warehouse store with polished concrete floors. When I walk on polished concrete floors, inevitably, my right ankle craps out. No other way to describe it. Something about those floors make me put my feet in some unnatural position or something, and I get a shooting pain in my ankle/top of foot area that nearly puts me on the ground. I'm thinking the next time we propose a trip to one of those stores or a mall, which seems to have the same effect, I'm wearing the brace on that ankle - see if it helps.

As I mentioned, I put almonds in the peanut bowl for now. See if that helps keep me from gorging on stuff that is less than wonderful for me. It might help. And if I get snacky today, I'm aiming for olives. We have a lot.

Got the pantry reorganized yesterday - we can now find things, I think. Next on my list is the utility room cupboards, which are just full of all sorts of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment