Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday

I slept pretty soundly last night. Woke very briefly shortly after 2 am and was able to get right back to sleep, which is good. Slept leaning on my too-full bladder, which bowed my spine, which is bad. So when the alarm went off at 6 and awakened me (good!), I could barely move (bad!). 

It sorted itself out. I'm fine now, but it was fairly painful early on. I really need to just get up and go, even if it is chilly in the house.

159.8 tonight. Yesterday evening ended in a fistful of salted peanuts, so I'm not too surprised. Here's yesterday to the best of my ability to recall:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • pork sausage
  • 4-6 almond flour chocolate chip cookies
  • a bunch of grapes
  • 2 pieces of cheddar
  • a small bowl of cashews
  • chicken caesar salad with roasted chicken and no croutons (Boston Market)
  • 2 pips of milk chocolate Ritter Sport bar with coconut filling
  • the aforementioned handful of peanuts
Long list. Almost always indicative of weight gain. 

I was thinking this morning after stepping off the scale that I'm not trying very hard right now - not taking the effort to lose weight or straighten the diet out very seriously. Nor I am. I'm not looking at a "burning platform" situation with my current weight, and I haven't managed to do anything to make me think that keeping really clean would continue some momentum - which is to say, I've not got any momentum. Something to think about, for sure. So we should eat from home tonight, right? I hope so. Bought a bunch of meat yesterday - pork tenderloins and pot roasts - and we could have some of it for dinner. Probably the former, since they're so easy.

Oh, and we have adopted another dog today; Facebook is dangerous. He showed up on a friend's feed as being hours from being put down, and now that we're close, it was impossible not to do anything. We get him Sunday after he's been fixed, and I really hope he and our current two get along. He's 2, and smaller than both of them, so I'd imagine they'll be able to work things out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment