Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday

Ugh. 159.8 this morning. Not good. Another day of progress to start with, that disintegrated toward nighttime. As I had thought when at my parents' house, evening snacking is probably one of my issues. And I did a goodish bit of it yesterday.

Here's the day:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • lemon jello water
  • 2 hot dogs with mustard
  • about 10 tortilla chips
  • a mini Ritter-Sport milk chocolate bar with yogurt filling
  • probably some almonds
  • a pork chop
  • smashed cheesy cauliflower - about 1/3 of a head of cauliflower
  • 4 "pips" of a full sized Ritter-Sport milk chocolate bar with coconut filling
  • a single-serve vanilla Haagen-Dasz
Lots of sugar. Seems to be an issue these days.

I need to do a few things.
  1. have a serious talk with Lee about lunch, since we're both at home. I don't eat it, and as much as I appreciate his thoughtfulness in making it for me, it's making me gain weight.
  2. Not eat unless I'm actually hungry. This is a big problem right now.
  3. Stop with the effing candy, already. Geez.
So, today, we ate at Cracker Barrel, and I found out that it's possible to get their low-carb double-meat breakfast even if it's not on the menu, so that's what I had. 3 eggs, about 6 bacon. Should be enough food to last until dinner, as long as I don't cave into boredom. If work ever slows down, that is. Bad morning.

What else? I fell down the stairs this morning - basically did the Wile E. Coyote step off the second step as if I'd already hit the ground floor. Twisted my left knee and toes. Seems not to be seriously damaged, but achy. Feels like I banged my right elbow in the drop, as well.

Sleep was actually quite good. Woke up at 5:48 because we got a reverse-911 call on our cellphones about a bear in our old neighborhood.  But that was the first waking of the night. Quite nice, I think.

Glad I thought through what was needed. I am going to try to resist the munchies tonight, see if that helps. I can't guarantee that I will be able to skip lunch, but I hope I'll be able to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment