Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday

We ate reasonably well on the road. Turns out that a Sonic drive-in is the perfect solution to road-trip-with-dogs in a hot climate (where you can't leave the dog in the car alone). For eating anyway. I was able to sit in their little slot and peel the burger bits off the bun. But I also ate the fries. And cashew-almond-M&M trail mix. Had a chicken salad with apples and cranberries for dinner (Whattaburger) - not at all bad!

Sleep the last 2 nights has been less than perfect, but I guess not awful; I woke up both nights with one of the lower back aches that feels like sheer exhaustion, and last night, stayed awake for a while trying to figure out why, if I was so damned tired, I couldn't fall back asleep. Finally took some aspirin, and I think, once it took effect, got back to sleep.

158.6 this morning; I guess that's not a complete surprise. Here's yesterday:
  • a Clif bar (my sister's idea of healthy food does not match mine, but the La Quinta's breakfast failed both of us, and she had brought Clif bars for car snacks and I was hungry)
  • chips and salsa
  • "pollo con queso" at the local tex-mex joint (not wholly un-Primal, but I had chips)
  • hamburger patty
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • a single-serve Haagen-Dasz strawberry ice cream
That was it. And this morning, we are trying to get ourselves back on track. The plan tonight is to have the other 2 burger patties (Lee cooked 4) with sauteed mushrooms in a Stroganoff type sauce. And more salad. And probably go grocery shopping after, for some other meat so we can keep cooking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment