Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday

Sleep was better last night; at least, I didn't wake up until almost 4. Leg cramps. One per leg, but the calf-cramp ones, stomp-out-able. It took about an hour to get back to sleep, but I was out right about 5, and slept through the alarm, more or less, waking up for real around 6:30. I think that adds up to 8 hours, pretty much.

Bodyaches from last week's fall are starting to ebb, finally. The arnica seems to be helping a lot. The toes on my left foot are better, but still bruised and swollen right at the base, which isn't fabulous. My quads are functional again, and that's a huge deal.

158.0 this morning, water, most of it. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs with ham and cheese
  • 2 pieces of cheddar
  • a total of 4 almond flour chocolate chip cookies
  • a few peanuts
  • greek-marinated chicken breast
  • greek salad with salami and feta and vinaigrette
  • small bowl of Haagen-Dasz strawberry
That was it. The cramps certainly point toward a return of ketosis, and that's a pretty low-carb day. Eating at home is key, I think. It's so much easier to control it here.

I was hoping, a few weeks ago, to start seeing some improvements in how I'm feeling from a return to proper eating. It's a bit too soon to tell, but I'm feeling a bit less logy, even with scruffy sleep right now. And my skin is smoothing out - the keratosis pilaris that I developed at Mom and Dad's house is going away. That could be the increased humidity, certainly, but I think it's dietary, since it went away shortly after we originally went Paleo. 

Onward! Haven't figured dinner out yet, but I will, and it will be healthy. And I have 2 chicken carcases in the freezer, and need to get going on some stock. Probably this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment