Monday, August 17, 2015


I would rather not say that I weigh 160.4 this morning, but that is what the scale said. For what it's worth, I'm swollen and stiff from painting yesterday (changed the color of the office walls from olive green to cream), so it's probably less than that, but not much less.
Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • cheddar cheese
  • a double quarter-pounder with cheese, no bun
  • half of a bona-fide "small" fries (the paper envelope)
  • salted peanuts
  • 2 hot dogs with mustard
  • corn on the cob with butter (1 ear)
I think that was it. We had a very active weekend; walked on Saturday morning and again at a local mega-mall. Did the painting and helped build metal garage shelving yesterday. Replaced a light fixture in the kitchen and put up towel rings in the bathroom.

We are making progress with the house. Before we got in, I was saying that the kitchen was the first target for paint, but after spending 2 weeks in the office, feeling underwater with the green walls and the green shadows from the magnolia tree in the back yard, it took precedence. The kitchen, also green, is next. We chose a color from the "orange whites" section, and when I saw it in the can, I thought I'd truly blown it (it read peach in the can), but on the walls, it's a fairly normal cream color. Lots lighter than the green, and warmer. Much more pleasant. Unfortunately, 1 gallon wasn't enough to get thorough coverage; we got another can last night and I think that's my evening work tonight. Or tomorrow, since Lee's going to New Orleans tomorrow.

We are also painting the built-in desk in this room. Not using it, because the knee-hole area is so low that I either messed up my knees (banging into it) or my back (from sitting too low). But it's currently a super-dark brown, so dark that we have to use a light to find things sitting on it. When we are done, it's going to be white.

Sleep continues to be surprisingly good. I had a bad night Friday night (woke up achy and should have taken aspirin right away; 2 hours of thrashing), but then slept in (!) until after 8. I never sleep in - simply haven't been able to for a long time. And then Saturday night, while I woke briefly a couple of times, I got right back to sleep, and woke up around 7, which made that 10 hours of sleep. Maybe I'm finally starting to get some of the sleep debt repaid.

So I'm not seriously worrying about weight just this moment. I am trying to get the garbage out of my diet, work on reducing inflammation overall. I finally managed to get my gelatin restarted this morning, and think that will help with the aches and pains. And we will be joining the gym shortly as well - and can start lifting a bit. I think that will help with lots of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment