Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday

That fall on Friday was longer-lasting than I hoped it would be - I'm still feeling after-effects. If I had to guess, I strained my left knee and sprained the last 3 toes on that foot - the tendons along the top of the foot that operate those toes. Nothing really bad, but some pain and bruises and swelling. In addition, my quads acted all weekend as if they'd been stretched and allowed to snap back - and had stayed snapped back. Very stiff and painful right above both knees. They're better this morning.

159.4. What with all the swelling I'm dealing with, I can't say what my actual weight is right now. I ate pretty well yesterday, though. Here's the day:
  • tea with cream
  • a few peanuts
  • a salad with turkey and avocado and maybe cheese, ranch dressing
  • one french fry
  • ham
  • baked sweet potato with butter and sour cream
  • 4-5 almond flour chocolate chip cookies
I think that's it. I can't say that I'm in ketosis - mostly because I haven't found the test strips recently after our move - but I'm seeing a reduction in appetite. So maybe.

Sleep last night was great until I got an unmanageable cramp in the outside of my left calf/shin area - one that I couldn't stomp off. I had to get up around 3 am and root around in the bathroom for the magnesium oil; it worked, but made my leg all sticky the rest of the night - and once I was awake, I couldn't ignore the pain in my legs. Sigh. I don't know if it will help or hurt, but I'm having a Gator-Ade today to try to improve my electrolytes - something is out of balance.

We did go for a walk yesterday morning - about a mile and a half, I think. And did a lot of stairs, moving un-hung pictures into temporary storage while we figure out what else to hang. I hit goal on my FuelBand - and then some.

The cookies may prove to be an issue - I hope not, and they hit the spot last night. I think I will revert to my pre-Christmas discipline from year 1 of Paleo and limit myself to 3 per day, to be eaten in whatever combination I like, but once the 3 are gone, I'm done for the day.

We have signed up for the program that will give us gym access at the Junior College across the street, so now we just need to find it and find out how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment