Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thursday

This week has whizzed by so far. Things are starting to get put away where we can find them again (always nice!), and a routine is developing.

I did really well eating yesterday. Until dinner. 159.0 this morning. I need to get my stuff together. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • cheese
  • almonds
  • a mini Ritter bar with yogurt
  • chips and salsa and "green sauce" (sour cream and jalapenos)
  • a chicken fajita salad with a dressing similar to the green sauce (with more tortilla strips in it)
  • a margarita (it was not a good day)
  • 4 "pips" of Hershey's special dark chocolate bar with almonds
I think that was it. I didn't stint on the chips, I'm afraid. The margarita wasn't helpful, either. Up to that point, I'd had a very low carb day.

Sleep last night was good. I switched to a 1-hour playlist on my iPod, and had to use it twice, but fell back asleep both times quite quickly - and did NOT reawaken when it ended. So I'll stick with that for now. One thing I'm noticing here; I'm getting quite chilly as bedtime approaches. With the AC set on 70. It's very helpful in falling asleep, I think. We have not put the mattress pad heater on our bed yet - it certainly shouldn't be needed in a climate where 100 is far from unknown - and maybe I will resist using it even this winter, if we put it back at all.

I do still feel puffy and sore. I've doubled up on anti-inflammatories at vitamin time - 2 fish oil and 2 turmeric. Not helping much. Which leads me to think we got a lot of commercial seed oil and other inflammatory stuff over the past few months, and it's taking a while to work them out. I hope that's all it is. I'd like to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment