Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday

I am officially declaring an end to all experiments with resistant starch. The dried plantains go in the trash when I get home from work. I am willing to feed my gut flora with soluble fiber - pectin, inulin, mucilage, and the like, but no more starch. I ate some plantain chips last night, started immediately with flatulence, and spent the night dizzy.  Woke up bloated and a pound and a half heavier. It may work, but the side-effects are unacceptable.

156.0 this morning. And bloated. Ugh. Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • broccoli cheese soup
  • cheese
  • bratwurst and sauerkraut
  • a milk chocolate almond
  • plantain chips
  • 1 tsp honey
Apart from being dizzy (which I noticed each time I rolled over - and I'm still having some issues), I slept pretty well. Dreamt a lot. I feel rested, though, and I think that's key. Also, my legs felt stronger climbing the stairs at work this morning.

I am trying to take the honey after a period of not eating fat - something I found mentioned somewhere online. Hence the plantain chips. I will try other veggies if I really need a snack after dinner, but I am going to try going without a snack - it's really not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment