Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday

Weird eating day yesterday, and while I'm not feeling particularly well today, I don't think that's why - I am continuing an issue from yesterday.  Anyway, 153.8 again this morning, although my ankles are puffy.  I was in "Trace" ketosis yesterday - understandable and I'm glad it wasn't worse.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • cheese (a lot)
  • full-fat Greek yogurt with honey flavoring
  • low-carb pizza with pepperoni, bell peppers, and mushrooms
  • 1/8 bar of 85% cacao chocolate
  • more cheese
  • cashews - just a few; the end of the container
  • 1 tsp honey
So, very NOT Whole30 yesterday; back to business today.  I have olives with me to eat, and cheese in the work fridge if those fail to satisfy. Gym tonight.

Understandably, sleep was crap last night - I woke at 11:00, and a couple more times that I can recall, and my left hip is killing me.  One of the wakeups was because of a calf-cramp, to boot. Just lovely, and I feel horrid today (intestinal distress, bodyaches, and weariness do not make a good combination).  Probably won't be working on continuing my "streak" on the FuelBand, unless things improve dramatically.

Ugh.

I continue to read up on prebiotics and resistant starch, and feel like it could be quite helpful, if I can find a way to increase our consumption of it. Potato salad seems like a good vehicle, oddly enough - and it's something I had tried earlier in the year, without paying much attention to the results. The other thing that seems to be important is green veg - which I've certainly been skimping on more than I should.  Need to figure out how to improve that - more salads to start with, I guess. Learn to love greens, maybe - that would be a feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment