Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday

I had to replace the batteries in the scale this morning, and after that was done and I re-zeroed the scale, it read 157.2.  Before the re-zeroing, it read something like 167. So I don't know that I trust it. I am feeling quite a bit less swollen today, thankfully, so if anything, I think I'd show up as lighter than yesterday. I am not going to recognize that number as "official" weight, I guess. Although it may form a new baseline - hard to say. 

I'm listening to the presentations out of Paleohacks' PaleoCon this week; last night, one on intermittent fasting that recognized a Fat Fast as legit. Cool. Since we are experiencing bad driving weather (which is to say, brilliant sun, 7 degrees, and about an inch of snow from last night - but the combo added a solid half-hour to my drive to work this morning), I didn't eat breakfast, and I brought some lumps of coconut oil to work to add to my tea, and some olives.  I think I will declare today a fat fast and not eat until dinner, except for the oil and olives. Another point in the presentation was that IF doesn't always serve women well, but referred specifically to women of childbearing years - and I'm not one of them, so I'm hoping to reap the benefits of autophagy and possibly having my energy source shift harder toward fat. 

I will be n=1ing a couple of things between now and leaving on 2/19 for Mardi Gras: more fat fasts, using cream cheese, copious cream in my morning tea (i.e., 1/4 cup), macadamia nuts, and the lovely broccoli cheese soup from the Fat Fast cookbook. Maybe 3-5 days of that toward the end of the period. The other trial will be LCHF with nearly all carbs from leaves, to try to get my gut bacteria rebalanced after the stupid foray into resistant starch. Still bitterly regretting that.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements (another thing I need to get back on top of)
  • three turkey sausage links
  • gumbo soup with chicken and andouille
  • a tangerine
  • a bag of peanuts (fault of the stupid tangerine, I think - I got hungry at 3)
  • cheese (cheddar and swiss - probably about 8 oz)
  • salami - about 8 thin slices
  • 1/4 large bar of Hershey's special dark with almonds
  • about 1/2 cup sauerkraut
  • 1 tsp honey
So minimal veg yesterday, and not a lot of fat either. Sleep remained very dialed in, although my Sleep Cycle captured Lee's getting up several times to blow his nose and called it one of my less good nights of sleep.  I felt great when I woke up at 5. For the first time. I will take that every time, thanks. So I'm glad that's better, in any event.

Oh - and tea with coconut oil in it is quite palatable - way better than I'd feared.

No comments:

Post a Comment