Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday

Gah.  Yesterday was just wretched. I've had some stomach problems for the past 3-4 days, unfortunately including this morning, I think, and they were front and center most of yesterday. I'd slept very poorly, and had a pain in my left hip as a result. I did almost no work standing - and that's pretty unusual these days.

Anyway, I had an incredible craving for Skittles around noon, and I went and got some.  (Note to self: the trip down to the vending machines is apparently 5 minutes worth of movement - I won that hour.) I ate them.  Was it worth it? I don't know - they didn't really make me feel better, for what that's worth. Tasted kinda good, though.

155.2 this morning; I am not surprised. No ketosis at bedtime either - surprise! Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements, I think
  • cheese
  • olives
  • Skittles
  • more cheese
  • roast chicken
  • salad with balsamic vinaigrette and ham
  • dried cherries
  • mixed nuts, mostly cashews
  • 1 tsp honey
I know. By SAD standards, hardly a junk-food pigout. But not helpful to my attempt to get rid of the 5 pounds I seem to have gained over the Christmas chocolate-eating season.

Since my gut is already unhappy, I think I will try to consume some potato starch today - see what happens.

And the Whole30? I don't know what I'm going to do about it. I'm going to think about it over the weekend. Eat a lot of green veg then, too, since it apparently encourages the population of the butyrate-fermenting bacteria.

And no, I did NOT go to the gym last night.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment