Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday

It's just getting worse - 158.0 this morning.  Something I'm doing is very much NOT working right now, so I am going to use this entry to take a look at all of it and see if I can figure out what to stop doing, and what to do instead.

Since I'm not exercising much, although a bit more than last year, I don't think it's that - and if anything, the little I have done is keeping things from getting worse. So I am not going to look at exercise, except to say that I'm going to keep on with it on Mondays and Thursdays, and I'm going to focus my use of the FuelBand on step counts, more than winning the hour and what not.

On the diet front, I admit to a lot of fail.  I'm focusing my eating on cheese and nuts because they are convenient - not having meals, and not being strict about cheats.  I had potato chips yesterday - not once, but 3 times during a meeting.  Very bad move on my part.  I seem to be fighting some cravings right now - mostly losing, too. I get home and I want crunchy and salty things, with a bit of sweetness - probably I could use shorthand and say I'm craving cookies. And instead of having a cookie or something like one, I'm going on a rampage through the cheese and nuts, trying to get that same effect. It's not working - and it's making me fat.

On the way to work, I was thinking about our eating habits and what has worked in the past.  And what has worked in the past has been the meat and salad pattern at dinner, with eggs and bacon for breakfast.  We haven't wanted to get up and cook, so I've been coming to work basically hungry and falling to temptation when offered. Not good. 

I think we need to go back to eating breakfast regularly, even if that means nothing but nuked turkey sausage. I think we need to lay in a stock of small (6-8 oz) steaks, pork chops, and start eating the chicken I bought. With salads. Go back to making dressing on weekends - it's not that hard, truly.

Berries only for sweets. And not too much. High fat, low calorie and very low carb from starch/sugar. I'm even thinking of giving up the honey at night in case it's making me crave sugar at other times of the day. I'm sure there are other ways to get my sleep dialed in.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • supplements - fish oil, magnesium, D3, K2, potassium, biotin, turmeric - that's the usual lot du jour
  • the innards of 2 half-sandwiches - turkey and roast beef, with tomatoes and lettuce
  • a pickle spear
  • 3 helpings of potato chips
  • cheese - aged gouda and some abomination from Hickory Farms titled "swiss-flavored"
  • mixed nuts - mostly cashews and almonds
  • two squares of 85% chocolate
  • 1 tsp honey
That may or may not have been it for the day - I feel like there must have been more, but can't think of anything. I am currently somewhat constipated and bloated, and my ankles are twice their normal diameter, so obviously something is not right.

In an attempt to help with the constipation, I finished off my greek yogurt this morning, with honey on it. I have brought leftover chili to work for lunch. I am going to the gym tonight, I am taking the long way around to get tea water, and I will figure this thing out.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I've abandoned the Whole30. 

Again. 

Bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment