Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday

156.0 today, still bloated and sore; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • omelet with ham, cheese, and tomatoes
  • about 3 bites of hash browns
  • cheese
  • chocolate - 4 squares of 70% cacao
  • steak
  • salad
  • commercial ranch dressing
  • roasted broccoli
  • ice cream - 1 scoop of vanilla
  • 1 chocolate cookie - unknown ingredients, but wheat for sure
  • 1 tsp honey
I lost a lot of the water over the weekend, and I do feel better today than I did Friday, but not fully well. Annoying, to say the least. The weekend was not terribly active; I did a bit of puttering, but didn't exercise. Frankly, I felt like a steaming pile of shit on Saturday, so I spent the weekend drinking tea and trying to make it stop feeling like that.

Something is out of balance. My plan to repair it is faltering - I haven't been able to get into a groove regarding increased vegetables yet, although I made a gumbo-style soup on Friday from frozen okra and the Cajun trinity and tomatoes (and chicken and Andouille sausage) that was quite tasty. In any event, I'm not overeating, and I am retaining water like crazy. I'm going to re-read the fat fast high-fat recipes, looking for the big guns and try to incorporate more fat in the diet this week. That's the main goal.

Sleep is going well.  Last night registered not as deep as it felt, but that may be because Lee was starting a cold and sneezing explosively as we were falling asleep. After I fell asleep, though, he could have let off a bomb in the room and I don't think I would have known it - I didn't wake up at all until 4 am, which is so awesome. Getting that dialed in is a huge improvement to life right now. I will say that I'm not having hot flashes at the moment, and that's part of it for sure.

Onward. Step 1 is getting to a state of not feeling like shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment