Thursday, January 30, 2014


Whatever is wrong with me is still wrong; I woke up this morning aching from head to toe and weighing more than yesterday - 158.8 this morning. I guess I should be grateful that the rate of increase has dropped. My shoes don't fit, and I'm all wobbly when I move and have no strength - and as mentioned above, I hurt all over. Hormones? It's not unlike my cruise issues, when I made the mistake of taking birth control to delay my period and ended up with cankles - although my legs aren't that swollen this time. So maybe. Is this my "Paleo Cold", to match the SAD ones that Lee and Elizabeth have? Possibly. The fact that I'm not getting sick is one thing that keeps me from doing anything stupid.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • 3 turkey sausage links
  • 1/2 cup of sauerkraut
  • salad with ham, turkey, swiss, and ranch dressing (about 2 TBSP)
  • 1 tsp coconut oil (to drive home on - I was tired)
  • a 1/4-lb beef burger (omaha steaks)
  • a zucchini
  • parmesan sauce (3T butter, about 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese)
  • 10 chocolate covered coconut almonds
  • 1 tsp honey
The reason for all the precision above is that I want to check the nutrition values on my day's eating. So, the total worked out to be 160g fat (71%), 46g carbs (9%, but too high in general), 101g protein (20%). I should have ditched the candy - or stuck with the original 5 pieces instead of going back for more. Not sure why, but I was negative for ketones at bedtime.

I did something rather helpful last night - rather than listen to talk radio all the way home, I switched to light classical music, to see if that reduced the stress of the drive. I think it did; did it a bit again this morning. It did seem to help me avoid gorging on nuts, and I don't think the go-back on the chocolate almonds was a compulsive move.

Sleep last night was not great - we are dog sitting and the sit-ee decided he wanted out of his kennel and onto our bed at 4 am. I'd slept thoroughly until that point, so it wasn't a big issue, but I went back to hard sleep afterwards, and had an awful time waking up. Not sure I'm awake yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment