Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday

There's a Twitter abbreviation, FFS.  I'm pretty sure it fits my mood this morning. I stepped on the scale at 158.0 again. I'm constipated as all get-out, so I know it's the lingering aftereffects of the resistant starch in the plantains, but I don't want to see that number on the scale; I'm eating reasonably well, with discipline, and it's hard not to see it rewarded. Ugh.

Here's yesterday:
  • turkey sausage
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements - left early due to the snowstorm
  • tangerine
  • salami (way more than I usually eat)
  • cheese
  • caesar salad, no croutons
  • 6 oz sirloin topped with butter
  • Southern-style green beans
  • a glass of riesling
  • dark chocolate with almonds - 2 squares' worth
  • pork rinds
  • 1 tsp honey
That was it. We ate out, and when we got back, I had a horrid case of the munchies, leading to the pork rinds and chocolate (not eaten together). I kept some space between eating that and the honey, and slept pretty well.

I'm not fasting today, but I'm going to focus on fat between now and dinner; really ramp it up. Then we will be having a chicken-andouille gumbo soup for dinner, with salad, to get a lot of veg. And at some point, I hope to get my digestive system, er, emptied out.

Weekend plans include another long walk outside - it's supposed to be in the 60's again. And trying to get things back on track. Very discouraging at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment