Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday

I think the pattern of avoiding fat after dinner and taking the teaspoon of honey just before bedtime is a good one - another pretty good night's sleep, despite the efforts of our cat to wake me up. She walks all over the bed at night, and while it rouses me a bit, I am generally able to get back to deep sleep pretty quickly. So that's good.

Weight, not so much - but based on the aches and pains I woke with, it's water. 156.8 this morning. Annoying as hell. I have thrown the plantains away and will not do anything more with resistant starch. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • peanuts (vending bag)
  • mushu chicken
  • hot and sour soup
  • a fortune cookie
  • a square of 85% cacao chocolate
  • 1 tsp honey
I don't feel as bloated and nasty as I did yesterday, and the dizziness is gone. I'm groggy as all get-out this morning, though, due to a 2-hour commute through a 1" snowfall. The drivers here are impressive in their ability to milk every possible accident out of a tiny bit of weather. As I look out the window now, it's actually sunny. I'm sure the stress of events like this is not helpful, and I sure hope I can cut the commute back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment