Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday

At last, some of that damn water is gone.  Not all of it; my ankles are still thicker than normal.  But I'm down to 148.6 this morning and not as sore as yesterday.  That's all good.

And here we are on the brink of another weekend.  Unlike past years, this 4-day work week actually felt short.  Kinda nice, and unexpected.  My regular weeks are feeling short these days, as well - I credit the new job, which is yards better than the old one.  Hope it stays that way!

Lee wanted to get a new laptop last night, so we didn't sit around after dinner and eat.  On the other hand, sitting around and eating would have cost less than his new Macbook Pro - but when he decomissions his old laptop, we will be an all-Mac family.  Their stuff just works - I've had no issues whatsoever with mine, and it's what, 5 years old?  So that was fun.  We stopped by Target on the way home, so Elizabeth could get something for a sore toe, and I ended up buying 3 "Medium" bags of dark-chocolate M&Ms, with the idea of using them, over a long time, to allay any chocolate cravings I might get at work.  Got to work this morning, and could only wonder, "What. The. Hell. Was. I. Thinking????"  I have stuffed them in a drawer for now, and am trying to forget they exist.  I figure if I make it through today without opening a bag, I'll be fine, since we have a weekend in which to forget.  Seriously, though - M&Ms are not Lindt, not even close.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • beef jerky
  • grassfed beef burger with swiss cheese, catsup, and mustard
  • salad with green goddess dressing (our own lettuce)
  • 2/16ths of a Ritter Sport dark-chocolate-with-hazelnuts bar (darn good, too)
  • 4-5 chocolate cherries
  • 1 mini Altoids (not so sure about the green goddess dressing; it is fairly onion-y)
My plans for the weekend include being outdoors in scanty clothing (shorts and tanks) both mornings if at all possible; saw some interesting posts this week about the critical importance of vitamin D.  One of them pointed to a paper hypothesizing that coronary disease is microbial in origin and that D deficiency might leave one vulnerable.  Interesting, although not entirely sure their logic holds up.  I think it's time to start removing the lambs-ear from the big flower bed again, so that's one morning's project; don't know what I'll do the other, but something outdoors-y.  And if I'm even semi-serious about that half-marathon, it's probably time to strap on the Vibrams and start walking more regularly.  Maybe I'll go to breakfast with Lee before his golf, and then walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment