Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday

Went to the gym last night; I am determined to work on strength, and my general sense is that bodyweight exercises might be a bit too heavy for me.  Sad, indeed.  So I used the leg press machine, set to 90 pounds, which felt very heavy indeed (almost too much to move), to as near exhaustion as I could get it, and then did the chest press machine, set to 0, which was almost too much as well.  Walked on a tricked-out treadmill for 10 minutes after, at 3.5ish mph.  Progress will happen, as long as I keep doing this stuff.  Every other night, I think.

Went home, had miscellaneous grilled meat and a salad for dinner, and two pieces of cheese for dessert - trying to ramp down the sugar intake again.  And did situps while watching the Olympic trials.  Thought I saw one of the 5K athletes wearing Vibrams, but in retrospect, they probably weren't.

149.0 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • 3 Godiva pearls (all I had left, so easy to count)
  • a beef burger patty (not grassfed)
  • a hot dog
  • mustard and ketchup
  • pickles
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • more cheese
That was it.  Something I ate over the weekend was bugging my stomach a bit yesterday, but that seems to be quieting down a bit.

Also signed Elizabeth and myself up for a 5K in August - all downhill, one of our favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment