Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday

I have removed the M&Ms from my cubicle.  My thrifty side couldn't quite bear to toss them outright, so they're home, in a cupboard in the utility room, a place I used for candy stash when I first decided to try out this "Paleo Diet" thingie - in case things didn't work out, I could resurrect the candied almonds and peppermint bark from Christmas of 2009.  Come to think of it, that stuff may still be in there as well.  Probably time to get rid of it.

Anyway, I made it through a day without going berserk on sweets, with more to come, I think.  150.6 this morning.  I had huge water retention yesterday - my feet and ankles swelled up so much that I could feel the swelling while putting in the clutch on the nearly-endless commute home.  Not gone this morning, to look at my left ankle.  No idea what caused it.

Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • beef jerky
  • a very few Godiva pearls
  • Qdoba naked burrito with no rice or beans, double shredded beef, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese
  • iced tea
  • a sugarless (maltitol-sweetened) chocolate
  • two raspberries and a strawberry, from the garden

I'm switching menopause support products, to one that is soy-free.  While the Estroven seems to help, I am just not comfortable about eating more soy products.  The new stuff is taken twice a day, and the bedtime dose includes melatonin, to help with sleep.  I think it did help, and may still be helping - I was pretty groggy this morning and am fighting now to stay upright.  I plan on taking the evening dose a bit earlier tonight - perhaps around 8:30.  I do hope it works at least close to as well as the Estroven; the thought of returning to the feeling of almost being ill with each flash is not pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment